Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• instancing/proxies

Hi Asgvis team,

Having the ability of instances/proxies is something I enjoy using in other render engines (Fry/indigo) and is a way to overcome the issue Skethcup has with modeling high poly scenes.
    Definitely for 3D vegetation I would say this is almost a must.
    Any word on this being on the roadmap?

Regards,
    Biebel

Re: instancing/proxies

Proxies were recently added into the SDK, so it is possible for us to use them now (this wasn't the case 3-4 months ago). Joe has done some preliminary work for getting proxies into Rhino, but I'm not sure where it stands on the su side of things. As far as the answer to your question, the answer is yes it is on our road map.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Thank you Dalomar.
      That's good news.
      I am wondering how the proxies will be made in sketchup?
      In Fry you can generate 'dummy' components, a simplified version of the original component by saying how many triangles you want the dummy to have.

I find that method slightly easier than using e.g a cube as a dummy, as cubes tend to block the view.

cheers and thanks for the update,

biebel

Comment

In Max I believe that proxy display is just a wireframe (possibly simplified), so thats better in that it won't bog down the viewport with tris and is probably a bit more descriptive then a box. We'll see what happens with things though, especially because I am not sure how much control SU will allow us to have over display.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
        X