Permaterials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permaterials?

Greetings! First post but I've been using V-Ray for SU for about 6 months now...

It's brilliant, but my one gripe is to do with materials. I work as an architectural visualisation artist for a graphic design company and am paid on a per job basis, so for me time is money. The quicker I work the more I make!

Basically what would make my life easier would be if my SU and VR materials were better friends

I keep all my files in an appropriate folder, so if I have a folder for all my grass materials, inside may be:

Grass1.jpg
    Grass1_bump.jpg
    Grass1.skm
    Grass1.vismat

My life would become blissful, golden and shiny if:

1) Applying Grass1.skm to a face automatically loaded and linked Grass1.vismat
    2) Colour/Opacity changes made to Grass1.skm carried over to Grass1.Vismat
    3) Vray always applied the .vismat to wherever the .skm was found before rendering
    (and removed it when another material was applied in its place)

Of course, what would be AMAZING would be if somehow we could write the vismat information INTO the SKM file. Maybe we could have SKM files which stored all the maps, and the vismat settings all in one convenient package!

These materials would be "Permanently" set up and wouldn't have to be loaded into every new model.

I would die and go to heaven...... ;D

That's my 2 cents worth! Hope it's useful feeback :
Working...
X