Auto-Link Materials On/Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-Link Materials On/Off

ive had proplems before on big drawings where having linked materials caused vray to crash, then after removing the linked material it rendered without a problem, this concerns me as with the SR1 theres no way of getting around having no linked materials... also the size the .skp file got considerably smaller after removing that linked texture (which by the way was a leaf texture on a whole bunch of trees)

Does SR1 increase file size?

So my wish is.... the choice to auto link (as in SR1)or have it manual (original, i wonder what problems that would cause from a programming point of view...

Re: Auto-Link Materials On/Off

...nudge, has no one seen a file size difference after linking vray materials, and does SR1 work in a similar way where it increases file size???

Comment

I have seen that once I start adding textures to SU files it grows, didn't think it was related to VRay.

Can't try it out on SR1 as I'm still cautious about it as I've had problems with with the earlier releases and it's hard for me to find time to test it properly before deploying it.
      Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Free Agent,
        i don't know about the file size difference, but as for the crashing and significant process time the SR1 is much worse than the V1.00
        which I'm still using because of those critic problems.
        i would be more than happy if the ASGviz would fix those bugs.
        www.Top3Dstudio.com
        SU 8
        VfS 1.48.89
        Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Working...
        X