AUTO TRANSPARENCY WITH PNG IMAGES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUTO TRANSPARENCY WITH PNG IMAGES

hope that someday vray automatically recognize transparency with png images..no more need for alpha channels and setting transparency map into vray.. very useful with people images and trees.. i usually create cutouts of images in photoshop and saved them to png images to preserve the transparency..the good side is sketchup support png images and preserve the transparency.

Re: AUTO TRANSPARENCY WITH PNG IMAGES

Its on the list.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

i know maxwell and C4D u can create channels from png's but u still have to "tell" them to do it... so this function would be a very handy one

however sometimes if i want a texture to map on the back of imported things like leaves (which dont need clipmaps) i apply clipmaps (just a black version of the texture) to make the texture map correctly on the back side of the geometry, so i hope that making this automatic process would not make it impossible to still apply clip maps...

...just like the SR1 has made it impossible for me to remove vray materials (removing vray materials helps sometimes if the render crashes ie bringing the file size down)

Comment

Originally posted by Free Agent
        ...just like the SR1 has made it impossible for me to remove vray materials (removing vray materials helps sometimes if the render crashes ie bringing the file size down)
        You could remove V-Ray maps in the original release? How? I've never been able to do that.
        I recently had some problem with that because I copied some geometry which had a V-Ray material applied to it. In the new model it would not render because the material was still assigned but didn't exist in the model. I had to apply a linked mat in order to make the geometry render like normal SU material.
        Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

in that skyscaper WIP i did i had all those palm trees linked, and it refused to render then i removed the linked material and it rendered... also dropped the file size

Comment

How do you remove them? When I choose Apply Material and then select None it just reverts back to what it was using.
            Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

by right clicking on the linked material name in the material editor and selecting remove

Comment

Originally posted by oncire
                hope that someday vray automatically recognize transparency with png images..no more need for alpha channels and setting transparency map into vray.. very useful with people images and trees.. i usually create cutouts of images in photoshop and saved them to png images to preserve the transparency..the good side is sketchup support png images and preserve the transparency.
                PNG & Tif images support/reference will be very appreciated among all VfSU Users.
                No doubt.
                www.Top3Dstudio.com
                SU 8
                VfS 1.48.89
                Win 7 64-bit

Comment

Working...
                X