Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMMINENT FOR 1.00.75, & NOT DIFFICULT TO IMPLEMENT EITHER !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMMINENT FOR 1.00.75, & NOT DIFFICULT TO IMPLEMENT EITHER !

Hi,

Before I mention my wishlist, the 'whys' behind these wishes, derived as a result of logical comparison of Max D'09's new features with VfSU & as greater prioritization over other wishes that are more esoteric in nature like Proxy objects: -

1.NOT REQUIRED IN VfSU- Arch-Design materials (Promaterials library) in Max D: VR material design subset is more robust & simpler to use; more to liking of SU userbase (Let's not forget SU is primarily designed to cater to the Architectural community), so, (Deduction) no need to go into material enhancement features just right now;

2. 'Reveal Render' in Max D for mR: Fantastic feature, enables additional choice of selected objects, regions & region blowups to be rendered as opposed to (choiceless) entire scene. Cuts test render times from average 3-5 minutes (on VfSU platform) to 3-5 SECONDS in mR-Max D platform.
    Deduction: This feature is a MUST for next build/release, as it'd become a selling USP for VfSU & get us designers back into the conviction of using SU and not be 50-50 over whether to pick up MaxD again

3. Edit Multiple Lights (Lights Lister/ Editor) in MaxD; in VfSU- Absent: A definite TURN OFF where vRfSU is concerned. vRay (especially VfSU) is not just into product rendering (1 or 2 lights); but into ARCHITECTURAL visualization: SU was afterall, designed to be a tool for the AEC, Mechanical & Stage/Fim setdesign visualization segment where having tens or dozens of lights in a scene is most common. Having to adjust every light singularly is not only retro-functional to Sketchup's roadmap of becoming the world's EASIEST designer's tool, but also pushes experienced users to the brink of going to other renderers for accomplishing basic workflow tasks. This feature is AS IMPORTANT AS adopting Sketchup's materials assignment workflow was, when accomplished in SR1. If provision of a built-in Multiple Lights Editor is not possible in the next build, even a feature that Lights of VfSU could be made components, would solve 99% our our problems.

Dedution: Before going on to other things, its imminent to make it possible to make Lights as components wherein Multiple Lights' settings could be altered by editing a single light. No offence@meant, but even a 2-button rendering software like Podium has this INDISPENSIBLE feature. Please; PLEASE-- INCORPORATE IT IN 1.00.75 !!

According to me, only 2 features are required to bring VfSU at par with Max Design '09 in AEC segment; and beat the hell out of its competition

Best w,

Macho

Re: IMMINENT FOR 1.00.75, & NOT DIFFICULT TO IMPLEMENT EITHER !

Sorry, but none of those are likely to happen for the upcoming build. As I said in the earlier thread, its really bug fix focused and thats it. The main reason for that is there's not enough time to develop a new feature, or make changes to an existing one, and work out all of the kinks in time to hand it off to you guys. This build it probably going to be the last one until the WIP/Beta builds of the next full release. The idea is to get as many issues worked out as we can so that we can leave this round of builds behind and move forward.

These wishes have been requested in one form or another, so they are slated for development and will most likely be in the next full release. Sometimes things aren't actually easy, even though they seam like they might be. Unless your looking at the code, its really hard to say whether it really is or not. Most of the time though, implementing features and making changes is harder than it turns out to be...if it wasn't then there'd be a waterfall of new features every week.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Re: IMMINENT FOR 1.00.75, &amp; NOT DIFFICULT TO IMPLEMENT EITHER !

i believe lights can be inserted into components in 1.00.74... theres been a couple threads about it, even an example render...

Comment

Re: IMMINENT FOR 1.00.75, &amp; NOT DIFFICULT TO IMPLEMENT EITHER !

Originally posted by Free Agent
        i believe lights can be inserted into components in 1.00.74... theres been a couple threads about it, even an example render...
        Yup, component lights works.
        Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Working...
        X