vray object properties - uncheck recieve shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray object properties - uncheck recieve shadows

in Vray for max there's a very handle function in the right click options that allows you assign attribute to the object like receive GI, cast shadows and what not.
    my problem is ive just realized the practicality of using billboards and props (cradboard cut out people) the images on these props have people in sun light (or what ever the lighting) also the tree images have their own lighting, and when using these props u find that they render very flat thats because it is flat! however if it didn't receive shadows i would appear allot less flat as it would appear in the render as u saw it in ur library, that would also save some one the PS work of having to replace all the same trees with same exact trees, to get rid of that shadow that is created on the face.

Re: vray object properties - uncheck recieve shadows

I don't think that people will find much use for that kind of stuff...personally I think its cheating and don't approve of it in any rendering ;D
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

I thought this would have gotten some response by now...Oh well...I was joking (hopefully someone got that)...This stuff is on the list (has been for a while), and pretty high to boot. You guys should see this once we start rolling out builds for the next full release (not the release in the one you'll see in the next week or two).

Comment

I really like the sound of the next full release. I suppose SU7 will be out by then as well. Who knows if that will make anything easier or worse for VfSU...
        Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

hey dalomar... thought that was a strange answere :P are u guys gonna time the next major release with SU7? i suppose that will difficult as they don't seam to do too much communicating with the outside world. also will the next major release be a version 2 or a Service release, just wondering cos i moved jobs and the new boss wants to buy it, should we wait for the next release or will it be free if u already own a license?

Comment

yes im curious about this as well, cause I am always questioning if I should try learning vray for 3ds max cause of the extra features, but it would be nice to known a good idea of what and when everything is going to be realeased. I know you guys have no control over SU, but it would still be nice to know if we are ever gonna see things like fur or this shadow control thing. I dont find it kind of strange that a little rendering ap. like podium has this feature though and vray doesnt. Not trying at all to rip on vray cause it is definately my favorite rendering engine, but I just found that a little mind-blowing.

Comment

The main reason why we don't have this at the moment is that we've been focusing on a number of other things recently as opposed to these "extended" features. Those other things being the integrated material system, sorting out SU component/group issues, floating licensing.

As to the What and When questions, we'll try to answer those as early as possible. Right now I wish I could give you a list and dates, but that wouldn't have any true weight behind it. Once we begin to get a feel of the development of these new features, then we'll let you guys know what we'll have in there. Too many things are dependent on other things, so without some feedback on at least the initial things, we can't make a good approximation of what we'll have and when. The last thing I want to do is give you guys a 3 page list with a release date in a week, and then have things take longer and the list be only partially implemented. False hopes have a tendency to get people really annoyed, so I don't want to encourage those for no reason.

As to the "when SU 7 is released" question, we're not basing anything off of that. The main reason for this is that Google has expressed very little interest in supporting fully fledged plugins like ourselves. I'm not even sure if we get emails telling us (as developers) what Google is up to or planning for SU.

Comment

podium doesnt have fur and there are loads of "shadow control" setting in vray, have u gone through any tutorials?

Comment

Thanks for ghe response Dalomar. I completely understand what you are saying. I know you guys are working hard and I anxiously await any updates or new products, because I know they will be of the best quality.

Freeagent: Sorry fot the confusion....I didnt mean to say that podium had fur cause I know it doesnt. I was just referring to podium having the ability to allow billboards to not cast shadows. I wasnt talking about the other shadow controls, as ive seen various tutorials on them. Podium really has nothing comparable. Thats why I found it odd that it had this one little control that vray didnt. No big deal though

Comment

:-X oh ;D my bad

Comment

Working...
                    X