fog on sky....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fog on sky....

i love 2 render a scene with light path scene clearly in presence of fog in the atmosphere....is there is any method 4 that ,if not i wish 2 have that...!!

Re: fog on sky....

If I understand correctly I think you mean "god rays", like the photo below?

To be honest, I would probably never use them (Vue can do volumetric atmospheric effects like this) and I imagine they'd be very far down on ASGvis's priority list as they tend to be used for "fantasy" images rather than photorealism. Having said that, if ASGvis introduce volumetric lighting effects then god rays should be possible in theory. If you really want to do them now, then you could render out a spherical skymap with god rays from a program like Vue and just slot it in as a background, or mask it in in Photoshop if you want the rays to penetrate the model.

SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

i appreciate....ur response my friend ...but actually i didn't want this..gods ray...i want 2 render a photo realistic rendering of early morning interior when there is mist..in the air...yes it is possible in photoshop...but i want it in v-ray...thank u very much 4 ur valuble replay and tips....

Comment

Ahhh, sunbeams! Yes, volumetric lighting effects would be a nice addition to the V-Ray package.
        SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

ha.. you speak right words for me ...thank you....

Comment

LOL, it's difficult enough to explain problems and methods when English is my first language!
            SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

ha ha.. that's fun my friend...thank you...

Comment

Volumetric Environments are on the list and available to us through the V-Ray SDK. There are quite a number of more significant features to add, so this is more towards the bottom of things to add. Its not that this isn't a cool feature, but its kind of a one liner and doesn't really do much in terms of being able to get more done. Besides, this can actually be recreated fairly convincingly in post. It is on the list though
                Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

ok i understand... its true.. there is lot more important things to add..i just said my wish.. and i hope one day i can render a scene with a volumetric environment... thank you..

Comment

Originally posted by dalomar
                    Volumetric Environments are on the list and available to us through the V-Ray SDK. There are quite a number of more significant features to add, so this is more towards the bottom of things to add. Its not that this isn't a cool feature, but its kind of a one liner and doesn't really do much in terms of being able to get more done. Besides, this can actually be recreated fairly convincingly in post. It is on the list though
                    I'm really interested in how to recreate volumetric environments post process in photoshop. Any help?
                    - Nathan<br />www.focpt.com<br /><br />SU8, VRay 1.49

Comment

You'd have to have a solid Z-Depth channel in order to do this. After that you'd have to blend a layer based on the zdepth channel. I haven't done this in a long while, so I can't remember the specific steps, but its very similar to using the zdepth channel to add DOF in ps. Sorry for lack of details, but that's all I have at the moment.
                      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

thanks dalomar, I'll look into that
                        - Nathan<br />www.focpt.com<br /><br />SU8, VRay 1.49

Comment

Working...
                        X