Guess Vertical Shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess Vertical Shift

I cannot express how much it annoys me that i cannot render a 2 point perspective like the one i set up in my sketchup view, if you are unable to read sketchups 2point information after one has panned and zoomed while in 2 point mode, would it be possible to have a "Guess vertical Shift" function? but instead of actually enabling "guess vertical shift" like one does in Max would it be possible to automatically have it enabled when one presses render while in 2point perspective mode?

Re: Guess Vertical Shift

The "guess vertical shift" function is not a function exposed by the V-Ray SDK...its an equation which can be used to solve what the vertical shift should be.

If I could get a SU implementation, I would, but I don't know ruby. I've already put one together for Rhino (with Gjis' help), but I just can't get it into ruby. If someone out there wants to put a little ruby thing together (thomthom or Jackson maybe), then I would be willing to work with them to get it going, but that's all I can offer at the moment.

A guess button will be added to the next version. As to the support of the 2pt perspective, there were some SU issues that went along with that, so I'm not 100% sure what will come of that.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

when approximately can be expected this function (guess vertical shift) - are you sure it turn up in next version of vray?

Comment

Yeah this is something that has frustrated me as well. I have tried messing with the lens shift and in a recent rendering I used a value of .25 and got acceptable results...the only thing is that you have to be using a physcial camera so I dont know if that helps u...?

Comment

so... it can be helpful to get similar effect. I will try

Comment

i used the lens shift in vray4skp when doing two pt perspective good values are(0.23-0.25) by the way you need to turn on physical camera to access lens shift option.

another approach is just render the view then edit in photoshop
            -transform-perspective (use ruler guide to align)

Comment

Working...
            X