Missing files dialogue on hitting render button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing files dialogue on hitting render button

could we get a little window that pops up listing all missing external files, when u hit render, so ur given the chance to locate the files rather than waiting for the render to finish to see if anythings amiss... could i get a render button on the Frame buffer also... and a side order of fries.

Re: Missing files dialogue on hitting render button

I can render fries for you, but that's about it...render button in the frame buffer, No, as we're very limited with what we can do with the frame buffer.

I'll see what we can do with the missing textures thing. Right now I'm not happy with the system we have and I think we can come up with a better one for the next version. Things like switching directories is a pain. The alternative search path thing works, but there should be a better way to manage the pathing of files, and if they aren't there they should be reported in a more visible way than in the progress window.
    Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Damien, if ASGVis could provide me with details to how you store the V-Ray data I could write a plugin that could check for missing files etc. And it's help me do some other things I'd like to do as well.
      I've managed to work out most of how the data for lights are stored by poking around with hex editors, but the main chunk of data just takes too long for me to work out.
      If you are able to provide such information it would allow ruby scripters like me to fill in the waiting time for VfSU2 with some tools and gadgets.
      Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

ooo do it, do it.

Comment

All I can say is "we'll see" and for 3 reasons. First of all, ALL of the ways we store data are going to change. So providing you the information now won't do much good for future versions. Also any scripts that you'd write (for old specs or new) would not be compatible for other versions. Secondly, we're going to try and add as much scripting functionality as possible to the next version. I know this is something that actually has some ground work laid on the Rhino side, but SU should be getting some scripting functionality for the next go around. Thirdly, I have no idea how the "powers that be" feel about releasing that information.

Comment

Originally posted by dalomar
            All I can say is "we'll see" and for 3 reasons. First of all, ALL of the ways we store data are going to change. So providing you the information now won't do much good for future versions. Also any scripts that you'd write (for old specs or new) would not be compatible for other versions. Secondly, we're going to try and add as much scripting functionality as possible to the next version. I know this is something that actually has some ground work laid on the Rhino side, but SU should be getting some scripting functionality for the next go around. Thirdly, I have no idea how the "powers that be" feel about releasing that information.
            I'm aware that you're changing allot for the next version. That's ok. It'd just be nice to be able to provide some extra tools for the current version while I wait for the next big thing. I'm not concerned that it'll be obsolete after the next version, nor am I concerned that I won't work with old.

I know that companies aren't that keep usually on giving out technical data of their software, and I understand if I can't get that info. But it sure would be nice as I know I could do some pretty useful stuff with it.
            At least we're not talking about a file format, but the sequence and data types.
            If it would help, I could scramble the code reading the data and sign an NDA if you like.

Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Again, I'll have to ask. Personally I have no problem with it, although I would personally not like it to be public information.

Comment

Ok.
                Should I send you a private PM about this?

Comment

I'll get back to you. Its something we wouldn't have any sort of documentation for, so somebody would have to take some time and put something together. I can't guarantee when we'll be able to get to that...we're up to our ears in macs over here...

Comment

Working...
                  X