New Render button design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Render button design

SU has too many buttons that are square or cubes. ( Face style, shadows, sandbox, face direction, and many plugins...

so a new design for the render button thats more unique would be great.

Re: New Render button design

Sheldon,
    You can create a new button and replace the existing,
    Furthermore, you can also change the image at the bottom (V-ray info) Looks in the directory [...]\sketchup\plugins\v-ray ....
    My button now "glimpse" buklet at work ...

a courtesy, I know that is the story is the story but ... I do not want to see teapots ...

Comment

Sheldon,

I agree, so I made my own a while ago and overwrote the VfSU image files in Program Files, see attached. I learned an important lesson- icon design is much harder than it looks!

From what Dalomar has said the next version of VfSU will be getting such a GUI overhaul that I'd be surprised if the toolbar icons didn't also get a facelift.

SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

It actually is much harder than it looks, but I like the constraint of designing icons. I actually had a good time putting the icons for V-Ray Utilities and the Batch Renderer together (both for Rhino...sorry guys). I personally think that batch renderer ones came out exceptionally well.

What I typically do is lay them out in a vector program like Illustrator or Xara, then exporting them out as small images. This does several things...first, it makes multiple size buttons very easy, and second, all of the antialiasing is taken care of for you.

We'll see how "flashy" things get with the gui. If it were up to me, every last pixel would get attention, but as programmers are, they don't see the gui as all that big of a deal. It may wind up happening that a good deal of the gui development can be relatively external to the actual development of vfsu, in which case, it would fall almost completely in my court. That's best case scenario, but we'll see what happens.
        Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
        X