Visopt's only changing certain settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visopt's only changing certain settings

I'd like to have the option of using different visopts and have them just change render settings without changeing every setting like output size and such. As it is now when ever I change visopt I usually have to stop the render and "fix" some setting that has changed.
    Maybe a popup with some checkboxes for different categories of settings so the user can easily select what to load from the visopt.

Re: Visopt's only changing certain settings

Although this would be a "can of worms" situation (i.e. once you start having more control over the visopt save/load settings it could become extremely difficult to keep track of), it would in principle be great to be able to drag and drop say environment or GI settings from one visopt to another without having affecting all the other settings.

Best tip for anyone frustrated with the current visopt save/load functions is to set aside a spare hour, open all your VfSU files which you have worked on and are happy with their visopts and one by one set them all to a good all-round render size (I use 1400 x 800 as default to suit widescreen viewing), disable Batch Render (it causes an LC bug), DMC Sampler Adaptive Amount to 0.85 (it's a good cover-all parameter), choose the VFB channels you usually use and then save them with clear descriptive names in your visopt folder. To keep your visopt folder even neater you can move the bundled visopts to another folder as a backup, as you'll rely on them less and less.

Once you know that at least some of your visopt settings are universal amongst your custom visopts it quickly becomes quite natural to switch between visopts and alter any settings to match the visopt you were just working with.
    SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

Re: Visopt's only changing certain settings

Selective loading (and saving) of certain sections of a visopt should be available within the next full version. At this point, this will be by section (or rollout) only and not on a parameter by parameter level, although if you're willing to get your hands dirty....
      Damien Alomar<br />Generally Cool Dude

Comment

Working...
      X