Vismat attached to Copied skp. object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vismat attached to Copied skp. object

It would be great if when coping an object from one skp file and pasting it to another, vray material settings will be also imported.
    So if i paste a table for instance to an empty skp file SU will import the materials that applied on it. And i wish vray could attach it's material setting that were set in the original skp file.

It will really speed up my (and I'm sure that many other's) daily workflow. When i want to use component or some object from another scene that i have.
    www.Top3Dstudio.com
    SU 8
    VfS 1.48.89
    Win 7 64-bit

Re: Vismat attached to Copied skp. object

I agree... that would be a very nice feature. But

Comment

That would be great, but AFAIK it ain't gonna happen any time soon. I think the problem lies within SU's very limited ruby API within which VfSU operates.

An alternative not-quite-as-useful-but-theoretically-easier-to-implement method would be to implement multiple vismat imports. So you could select several vismats and (provided the materials in your skp file have identical material names of course) VfSU would import all the vismats at the same time and allocate each one to it's corresponding SU material. It's pretty boring having to import each one individually.

I do wonder if there's currently a way to force VfSU to NOT create a clone material when you bring a component into a skp file which already contains a material with the same name. If VfSU could at least recognise that, for example the "Oak Varnished" material in the new component was the same as the "Oak Varnished" material then it could perhaps automatically apply the vismat to the newly imported component.
      SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

basically you want to have the same way to sketchup work, when you have imported a model in to your skp import at the same time all the vismat attached without need to re-attach all again..will be great...
        The best that I can do is keep learning, and the Renderings are just a small step to get real.
        THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FICTION AND REALITY IS WHEN FICTION HAS TO BE CREDIBLE
        http://WWW.URBANGROUPUSA.COM

Comment

Working...
        X