More Sun & Sky Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Sun & Sky Options

Something had occurred to me as I was fiddling with the background colors in SketchUp's Style menu: Wouldn't it be cool if V-Ray could "mimic" the sky color created in SketchUp?

Some other ideas came to mind as well.

1. Correlate V-Ray's Sky & Background to SketchUp's Background Color
    I'm not sure how it would be possible to do this (maybe having V-Ray's gamma output correlate with the color value assigned to SketchUp's background color?) but it would be a neat feature, especially if I wanted to make a rendering of something on Mars with a red sky.

2. More ability to adjust the physical appearance of the V-Ray Sun.
    Right now, it just looks like a simple sphere, which is cool for making it look like the moon in night renders, but it would be nice if we give it some solar flares to give it more of a vibrant look.

3. V-Ray Clouds.
    In my head, this sounds very feasable, but in reality I might be asking for the impossible. In any case, I imagined being able to apply a diffuse material layer directly over the V-Ray Sky (not a material to REPLACE the V-Ray Sky) and then applying a perlin noise transparency layer on that material to make it look like clouds. Depending on how you adjust the perlin noise settings, you can make it look like a very cloudy day or a partly cloudy day. It sounds simple in my head, but I'm sure it's much more complicated than that. It would be cool to have, though.

4. Default visopts for Various Sky Settings.
    Similar to how V-Ray comes with a small bundle of visopts and vismats, why not have visopts that would create a generic night background, dawn background, and dusk background?
    I am currently using V-Ray 1.49.01.
    SketchUp 8.0.11752
    Windows 7 Professional-64 bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 K655 @ 3.20GHz
    8.00GB of RAM, 1.2TB Hard Drive

Marcus McLin, Intern - Serena Sturm Architects

Re: More Sun & Sky Options

I like 4. Seems reasonable . It would definitely help beginners try and achieve successful night time shots!

-Intel Core i7-930-<br />-12GB DDR3 SDRAM-<br />-ATI Radeon HD5970-<br />-1TB Hard Drive-

Comment

Re: More Sun &amp; Sky Options

I like 4th idea. That's good.
      I WILL BE A WELL-KNOWN ARCHITECT

Comment

Re: More Sun &amp; Sky Options

i dont like that, make the rendering looks dead, like what mentlray did. i like to do that by my self according to yourown target of general picture.

Comment

Working...
        X