load existing renders and then regional render over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• load existing renders and then regional render over

hello im not sure if anyone else would think this is a great idea but i think it could be useful,

I only have a dual-core mac, and for final renders etc i like to have large resolution images. Which obviously take a good 4-6 hours with certain scenes. After working on a scene for a while you think its perfect only to come back to it the next day and find that something needs altering etc, and the render process has to be sent again.

I think it would be great to load a render into the vfb and then be able to regional render the amended sections accordingly providing you match the output sizes of course.
    I know theres work arounds with PS of course but I prefer to be able to have the flexibility this feature could offer!

If its a bad idea for whatever reason then feel free to point out why!

Thanks everyone

dean

Re: load existing renders and then regional render over

VfSU already support Render Region...
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

hello thomthom,
      sorry I must have not been as clear as I thought. of course we have regional render, but my point was that I end up doing high res renders and save them believing I'm happy with the outcome, close sketchup turn of the comp, only to look back in a couple of days and think 'that texture could be improved or those lights are too dull etc'. once I make those amendments I have to re render the whole scene which like my previous post said can be several hours.
      so loading the old render and then being able to use the regional render tool to quickly render the changes saves hours of wasted rendering,
      hope this makes sense not...?

Comment

ah - I see now.

That would have been a nice feature if it's possible.
        As a workaround - saving your IR and LC data will most likely save you great time when re-rendering.
        Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

good good im glad you agree! thought i was speaking rubbish earlier!
          thats a good point you made, i should really get in the habit of that!
          thanks

Comment

You can already do this to some degree using the existing render region function in the latest version.

Admittedly I haven't tried this on a complex model but i have had success in rendering a scene to completion, changing the sketchup model, whilst keeping the view exactly the same and re rendering the area where the change has occurred using the render region tool in the vray frame buffer. The original completed render remains in the backround of the frame buffer whilst the new 'region' renders and when its done you just deselect the render region tool and you're left with a nice new updated image which you can save off. No PS required...

I guess when you have lots of reflections and shadows that may need updating when the change occurs, it could be a bit tedious as you would have to anticipated where those would occur and repeat this process a number of times to cover all the spots... but its might still be better than a six hour wait... especially if the tweaks are minor...

This method assumes that you have your views saved as scenes and doesn't take any batch rendering or post production into account.

give it a go!

Comment

Working...
            X