Textures Path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Textures Path

It would be very helpful if vfs had a option to define path for all textures for the current skp file.
    I've noticed that in the last vfs version when you select a bitmap you can see the path of the texture's image.

It will specially help to mobilize the skp file and not being afraaid that the render wouldn't know where to look for the displace,bump, emissive maps.

Max has this option and it's so simple and yet so helpful.
    www.Top3Dstudio.com
    SU 8
    VfS 1.48.89
    Win 7 64-bit

Re: Textures Path

+1 for load paths
    Please mention what V-Ray and SketchUp version you are using when posting questions.

Comment

Even better would be if VfSU could do texture paths the same way CAD files do XREF paths. In programs like AutoCAD and Microstation, if a dwg (or dgn) file has reference files attached to it, it'll use a relative path-tracing method to locate the reference files. In other words, the file will look for the reference files relative to it's own location. So as long as the sketchup file and all of its texture maps are in the same folder, I can move that folder anywhere and open it from any computer and V-Ray would always link the sketchup model to the texture maps that are in the same folder with each other.
      Last edited by mjm223; 04-04-2012, 02:00 AM.
      I am currently using V-Ray 1.49.01.
      SketchUp 8.0.11752
      Windows 7 Professional-64 bit
      Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 K655 @ 3.20GHz
      8.00GB of RAM, 1.2TB Hard Drive

Marcus McLin, Intern - Serena Sturm Architects

Comment

Marcus, yes, that will do the job perfectly!
        www.Top3Dstudio.com
        SU 8
        VfS 1.48.89
        Win 7 64-bit

Comment

So if you put everything in the same folder as the skp file, it won't find the textures? I was pretty sure we were doing this already, and that we also recursively went 3 levels deep while searching for textures.
          Best regards,
          Devin Kendig
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by dkendig View Post
            So if you put everything in the same folder as the skp file, it won't find the textures? I was pretty sure we were doing this already, and that we also recursively went 3 levels deep while searching for textures.
            If I put all of the textures and maps in the same folder as the skp file, then save a copy of that folder to another computer and open it from there, VfSU automatically creates that "extracted" folder on the computer's C: drive and links all of the textures and maps there. It's a huge pain, especially when I sometimes have to work from home. Every time I save the folder back to my work computer, I have to spend a good 45 minutes relinking all of my textures and maps.
            I am currently using V-Ray 1.49.01.
            SketchUp 8.0.11752
            Windows 7 Professional-64 bit
            Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 K655 @ 3.20GHz
            8.00GB of RAM, 1.2TB Hard Drive

Marcus McLin, Intern - Serena Sturm Architects

Comment

Working...
            X