V-ray sdk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray sdk?

@Devin - you mention in other threads that there are options/ features in the v-ray sdk that you are working to bring into vfsu. Is there a resource that lists all the features of vray, platform independent? I wonder if it would be useful for when we ask in this forum for features. We might have a better idea what is available vs. things that haven't even been developed.

Andy

Re: V-ray sdk?

Is this true?? are you working on a vray Sk independant?? if yes would be the greatest, you can find a lot render engines out there for Sk but always have problems importing all your model correctly, would be nice not to think anymore on polycount and that stuff..

Comment

I'm talking about the vray engine. From what I understand, vray is developed by chaos group and they license it to others - like 3ds, etc. Asgvis brings that program into SU and Rhino.

Comment

There's no public access to the V-Ray sdk, it's for developers that are porting V-Ray to various host applications, such as SketchUp and Rhino. The best way to tell if there's a feature in the sdk that we can bring over to SU, is to look at the V-Ray documentation. Keep in mind, some features require a bit of cooperation from the host application.
        Best regards,
        Devin Kendig
        Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks Devin, I think that's more or less what I was looking for. I certainly wasn't looking for any code :P I've seen that link before, do you know how up-to-date it is with vray features?

The reason I am asking is specifically to understand what functionality is possible with ies lights. I'd like to know if there is support at all for linear ies. It's hard to tell from the VRay IES Parameters page, it seems like what you say, that part of the implementation is with the host application. (i.e. the light geometry is something that happens in the host application.)

I thought asking the question generally would be useful for more people. I know I have particular desires for the program, but thought it might be helpful to understand for other feature request items.

Comment

The documentation is kept up to date constantly.
            Best regards,
            Devin Kendig
            Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

hmmm. maybe some telepathy involved in starting this thread a day before... ;D

I am really hoping for some serious feature request possiblities now that vray and the sketchup plugin are in the same house!

Comment

Working...
              X