Free export to dwg in sketchup free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free export to dwg in sketchup free

Hello, somebody know some free plugin or program to export and import .dwg files from/to sketchup FREE for free/legal using?
    regards

Re: Free export to dwg in sketchup free

Not that I'm aware of.
    You can use a trial of SU pro for 8 hours. If you only use it for export, that might last you a while... maybe long enough to make enough money to purchase the pro verison. ;D

Comment

yeah, right ;D, In the near future I won't buy Su Pro. I'm asking, because I have to make for commercial aim simple conceptual renders without textures, with smooth lines from dwg on the edges(something like Ambient Occ.), so I'm looking for some alternative solution.
      thx

Comment

Isn't that something you could do by exporting a hidden line drawing from sketchup? I do that all the time for basic massing studies. It's very simple to do in photoshop - select the hidden line layer and set the transparency to "multiply" over top of your render.

Comment

yes, I know that. But many times i need export to dwg and then I have vector draw, which after I can edit in many various ways. thanx!

Comment

Yeah, I understand about having a vector file to work with. I've done it both ways, and find that 1. it takes a long time to export a vector drawing from SU, 2. the file that is output is not that great (some missing lines, lots of line segments, curves are awful, all on one layer, etc.) 3. I've found it reasonably quick to edit a hidden line drawing in PS - eraser, stretch, copy, etc. Just saying, there are lots of ways to accomplish a given output...

Comment

Working...
            X