export to vrscene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export to vrscene

Don't know if this would be simple or not, and if any one else would find it useful, but I was thinking that one way to get around the 32bit memory limits in a simple way would be to use vray standalone to render from vfsu. Have not idea the programming involved, but if it's simple, it may be a nice option to have. Also could help with asset collection.

-Andy

I think this was discussed before, and I seem to recall myself mentioning it being a good idea but to have it as the only way to render wouldn't be a good one (imagine the confusion for new users), so I proposed having the option to render in-app as well as export it to the standalone render version (for more stability).
    Last edited by DiditzZz; 21-05-2012, 04:37 PM.
    Acer Predator G5910 FTW!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4GHz
    16GB RAM Windows 7 64-bit OS
    SketchUp 8.1 & V-Ray for SketchUp 1.49.01

Comment

Oh, right, I forgot about that thread. I was thinking that discussion was about a studio type solution, but I see you mentioned the standalone. I am thinking more specifically to have an option to save as a .vrscene file, not have a whole separate studio. The standalone is a basic command-line program, all it does is render the scene. I could see it being one option in the "output" tab.

Comment

That could be a solution to render with stability (and option of 64-bit render), hopefully it can be considered.
        Acer Predator G5910 FTW!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.4GHz
        16GB RAM Windows 7 64-bit OS
        SketchUp 8.1 & V-Ray for SketchUp 1.49.01

Comment

our plugin is very similar to the stand alone version of V-Ray. I agree that exporting to a .vrscene format is a good idea for overall V-Ray compatability, but it's not the most elegant solution for bypassing the memory limitations of SketchUp, since it would require you to purchase the stand alone version of our product, and utilize the command line. We have had complaints that the vrimage conversion tool (command line based) is too complicated, so this would only be helpful for those daring enough (or with access) to the command prompt. The best plan is to just remove ourselves from their process as much as possible, and not rely on their memory as we have done traditionally.
          Best regards,
          Devin Kendig
          Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Not looking for elegant here really - it would be nice to have at least some kind of escape valve to this bothersome 32bit memory limits. As for the vrimage - would it be possible to release something like Shimikaze's tools officially? It actually works quite well once it's set up.
            Last edited by andybot_cg; 22-05-2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I understand you aren't looking for elegance, you're a beta tester

I wasn't aware of Shimikaze's tools. That certainly makes the process of using a .vrimage a lot easier. We probably should put that on spot3d at some point if the author will allow, right next to where we have the converter tool, or bundled with it.
              Last edited by dkendig; 23-05-2012, 06:35 AM.
              Best regards,
              Devin Kendig
              Developer

Chaos Group

Comment

Sounds good! Just don't start anyone until there's a beta out

Comment

Working...
                X