Global texture variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global texture variables

I've experimented dozens of times with this, but never acheived the goal of varying hue, tone, UVW mapping, reflection etc globally for materials. This would be especially useful for UV mapped materials which tend to be used in components e.g. leaves, windows, louvres, etc. The ability to apply a global modification of materials so even those which by their very nature appear identical in SU (repeated components) would vary in appearance throughout a scene when rendered in V-Ray. This ability and proxies are the 2 fundamental features which I feel hold users back in VfSU.

/Jackson
    Last edited by Jackson_cg; 02-02-2013, 05:52 AM.
    SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Nice! Good question, it seems simple that global should override the component origin, but I see what you mean that it defaults to 'per component' I guess I've always rotated my components randomly to achieve that, but things like a UV bump over a series of windows could use a global override. I wonder if it's the same problem that prevents the UV mapping to view (that used to be the way to add a grass plane in the older versions.)

Comment

Working...
    X