Auto Material ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Material ID

Would love to see Vr4SU automatically generate unique material IDs for each material when it is created. I use Material ID all the time and I always find it a pain to setup each one by one. Maxwell does this automatically as well as Object Id. I know there are scripts for MAX that do this as well. I thinks its an incredibly useful feature to have.
    Matthew Valero, ASAI

is this something that is based on the diffuse rgb color? That would indeed be very useful.

Comment

In Maxwell I think it just assigns it randomly probably in some predetermined way as to not have the same color applied to 2 different materials. Same for the MAX script. It's incredibly useful. If you aren't using it now, you really need to. Its just that to use it now if you have manually set the color.
      Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

I use material ID all the time, I couldn't imagine post-pro without it. I usually only have 3 or 4 materials I assign, but automatically having them would be very nice. Sometimes I forget to assign an ID and I have to wait till my next render to set it.

Comment

This is a super good idea

Comment

Yes, that would be very useful! +1 from me

Comment

Yes, we already include Auto Material ID in the Service release 1

Comment

Hi Fernando

A very important refinement to us , thank you very much for the effort
                Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 975 Extreme Edit. 3.33GHz / 6.4GT/s 8Mb box / Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UDS / Asus GForce GTX275HDMI 896DD3 (12Gb) / Windows 7- 64bit / Sketchup 2013 / V-Ray

Comment

Working...
                X