Hide Rest Of Modelr (FOR RENDER) option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide Rest Of Modelr (FOR RENDER) option

One of my favorite features during complex scene modelling in SketchUp is Hide Rest of Model option. I'm giving it a "`" shortcut every time i'm installing SketchUp.
    It really intuitive way of editing one component in place without additional movements like Paste In Placing or Reloading components.

It really would be great to have similar option for RENDERING..
    Being INSIDE group or component - just render it's content with overall scene v-ray options.
    Let's call it "Content Rendering" or.. "In Place Render" and we could set in On somewhere in System Rollout allowing to render just a content of a currently editing component/group...

It really could make draft renders and material settings fun and quick.

There is one method i'm using now - using Edit In Place plugin by SuPodium guys which opens additional instance of SketchUp with selected component in it with reloading component after making changes. But it open brand new SketchUp instance with DEFAULT V-Ray settings which is really bad making this method almost useful in interior or night scenes

I think such feature could be useful and not so hard to implement...

I've got to say I don't see the need to introduce this as a "feature". The same result can easily be produced by the following keystrokes: Ctrl+A>deselect component/group>Hide and then render... takes about 2 seconds!

/Jackson
    SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

Mike, Jackson

Their is nothing built in to the software like that yet, but its a great suggestion. I've been playing with this particular layers plugin lately and have found it to be pretty useful for turning things off and on with in render scenes. You might want to give it a try. Let me know how it goes.

http://sketchucation.com/forums/view...488833#p488833
      Best,
      Ted Vitale
      V-Ray for SketchUp
      Product Manager | V-Ray SketchUp

Chaos Group

Comment

Thanks for the tip, but layer visibility and hide/unhide have been in SketchUp since version 1.0: that plugin only manages them. I use layer visibility and hide/unhide frequently, but tend to keep layers to a bare minimum so I haven't seen the need for a layer manager. I imagine it's relevant for people who import and work with dwg layers, but I always purge dwgs down to Layer 0 after importing.

/Jackson
        SU 2018 + VfSU 4.0

Comment

Working...
        X