X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray for Unreal has been released

Hello everyone,

First, many many thanks to all of our beta testers for their support, suggestions and participation!

We have released the official version of V-Ray for Unreal. It is available for download as a trial from our website here.

We plan to continuously release updates which will be announced here. Make sure you check back often here or at the downloads section.

IMPORTANT: Our beta forum section is now closed. Please use this one from now on.

Here is an overview video of what's new:

As always, let us know what you think in the forum sections:

Best regards,
    The V-Ray for Unreal team
    Last edited by s.balabanov; 09-11-2018, 12:26 AM.

Hi, Great release and announcement, however, no permanent license pricing?
    Andy Martinod
    c r e a | P i X
    3D Architectural Renderings & Animations

Comment

$212 for workstation and 2 rendernodes / month....wow ?
      Last edited by francomanko; 08-11-2018, 12:30 PM.
      e: info@adriandenne.com
      w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

The "buy now" option only shows Korea as alternative. Any alternatives closer to Europe?

Comment

Rental only? Is this the future of Vray?

Comment

Hi,
            Is Vray for Unreal already compatible with version 4.21 of UE4?
            http://pixel.network/

Comment

Hi, pxlntwrk

Is Vray for Unreal already compatible with version 4.21 of UE4?
              No, V-Ray is not yet compatible with the 4.21 version of Unreal, only 4.19.2 and 4.20.3 are currently supported. We will soon upload a hotfix with improvements and maybe support for 4.21. Make sure to keep an eye in the Announcement section of the forum for latest builds info.

Best regards,
              Alexander
              Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Atanasov View Post
                Hi, pxlntwrk

No, V-Ray is not yet compatible with the 4.21 version of Unreal, only 4.19.2 and 4.20.3 are currently supported. We will soon upload a hotfix with improvements and maybe support for 4.21. Make sure to keep an eye in the Announcement section of the forum for latest builds info.

Best regards,
                Alexander
                Hi Alexander,
                thanks, i stay tuned!
                http://pixel.network/

Comment

Two questions:

1) Why isn't there a permanent licensing option as there is with other V-Ray products (i.e., 3ds Max, Maya, etc.)? This is a deal breaker for me.
                  2) Do existing render node licenses work with V-Ray for Unreal for distributed rendering?

Comment

Hello JabbTheNut,

We are actively working in order to keep V-Ray for Unreal up to date. This includes support for the latest UE version, which is updated every few months, as well as adding new functionality. Having this in mind, we also want to give our users flexibility to use the product only for the period you need, be it a month, a few or a year. This means that you get a faster release cycle and always up to date version with the latest developments available sooner.

As for your second question, yes V-Ray for Unreal requires the standard V-Ray Next Render Node license.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
                    Simeon

Comment

Hi Simeon,

Thank you for your response. As much as I would like to use V-Ray for Unreal, the pricing is way too steep for an annual rental. You are charging damn near the perpetual cost of a Maya license every year for the Unreal license. WOW! You say it is because you have to put extra effort into updating your product to keep up with the Unreal updates that occur every few months. Last I recall, Maya was rolling out updates every few months. Are you suggesting that you don't try to keep up with Maya?
                      Last edited by JabbaTheNut; 04-03-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I naively was hoping that my perpetual V-Ray license could be used with Unreal. I was also hoping my license might eventually be app agnostic, at least hoping personal licenses could be treated this way.

It would make V-Ray the best value hands down!

Why would anyone interested in a personally licensed render solution chose anything other than V-Ray, knowing that their license could be used with almost any app they might use, it would be the only choice for a ton of people.

Comment

Unreal 4.22 is out, but Vray Unreal doesn't seem compatible (didn't try yet). Any advice on that ?
                          www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

Hi, Waaazoo

We will soon release an update of the build with improvements and support for 4.22.

Best regards,
                            Alexander
                            Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
                            X