Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera Distortion

Hello,

I've noticed that the Distortion settings do not seem to be present in the VRayPhysicalCamera. However, I have come across this nice tutorial that recreates the cubic distortion in Unreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nby7X_VRlYM

Is there some way I can implement this with the VRay camera? I'm very new to Unreal and am trying to see if it can be incorporated into our pipeline.

Thanks for the help!

Hi, 8080ff

Can you give us an example of the use case where you want to implement this feature? Do you want to add distortion only to the camera and use it in game or you want to render that distortion in the VFB as well?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

The best case scenario would be for the distortion to be rendered in the VFB so all the additional render elements would have it present as well. Applying the distortion at render time and not even displaying it in the viewport would work too, as I feel like that would still take less effort to account for than to overrender and then apply the lens distortion in another program.

Thanks for the response!

Comment

Alexander.Atanasov did you have any insight into this? I appreciate the help, thanks!

Comment

Hi, 8080ff

Unfortunately we have not look that much into it during the holidays and we haven't made progress with it. As soon as there is any development on the matter I will inform you.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X