Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SubLevel Lighting Scenarios

Hi,

I've brought this issue up before but I just made an example scene to clearly illustrate our biggest issue with vray bake. In almost all of our unreal project clients ask to see options of things- usually geometry changes in their design that they wanted to toggle between. We figured out how to do that in unreal (when using lightmass to build the scenes) by using sublevels set to light scenarios. All of the geometry that doesn't change along with the lighting is loaded into the persistent level, then a sublevel is created for each geometry option and the sublevels are then set as lighting scenarios. I mocked this up in a sample scene and built it once with vray bake and once with unreal's lightmass, in the attached image you can see the vray bake results on the left and unreal's lightmass build on the right. Vray bake seems like it is ignoring the geometry on the persistent level that should be combined with each sublevel when being rendered.

Is this a feature that will be fixed eventually? We would really prefer to use vray bake but this one thing limits us from using it in most projects.

Alternatively does anyone know a different way to achieve these switchable objects with built lighting? Using completely different levels (instead of sublevels) works but it can take a long time to load between them at runtime.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tyler

Hi, Tyler

Thank you for the feedback. The lighting scenarios feature is not supported yet but we will try to support it in following releases. Unfortunately I cannot give you a workaround different than the completely different levels as you mentioned.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
    X