DOF when rendering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOF when rendering?

I got the VrayPhysCam to work with DOF - kinda strange to have a Scale Factor to make the DOF appear.

a) Should the scale factor set to be 1 to match a real physical lens?
    b) after applying the DOF (and it works in the viewport) I clicked render --> but the render does not show the DOF effect

c) Do you still have to check any other additional button to get the DOF done in the render?

Thanks for your help!
    cheers!

www.bernhardrieder.com
    rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Hi, Bernhard

In order to use the DoF properly you just need to set/tweak the following
    • In Focus Settings:
      • set Focus Method to Manual or Tracking (by default is None)
      • adjust the Manual Focus Distance(if Focus Method is Manual)or Tracking Focus Settings(if Focus Method is Tracking. A note here, Tracking doesn't update properly in IPR rendering but will render correctly in an animation sequence)
    • In VRay Physical Camera Settings
      • adjust F-number for DoF strength. Low values will produce a strong DoF effect and high values will produce little DoF(when adjusting F-number for desired DoF effect you need to compensate the exposure with either ISO or Shutter Speed values).

Click image for larger version

Name:	DoF.png
Views:	157
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1036354

Try it and tell me how it goes.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

ok, thanks a lot. That did do the trick!

Sooo.. I guess the confusing part is the fact, that you also have all the other options available if you vray phys camera - all the unreal standard camera features.
      But I got it now.. it does make sense if you don't want to use the VrayPhys Cam, right?

However, there is one more thing:
      If you are going to use the VrayPhysCam.. what about the post process options?
      Like Ambient Occlusion, Chromatic Abberation, etc.

That does not work in real time, when activated on the camera settings itself?
      When I activate it, and I start my level with "Play", I can't see those effects on my camera!

Does this only work in realtime when using an Unreal Post Process Volume node?

I am still confused about this part.

Thanks for any little help and clarification... testing, testing, testing...
      Last edited by bernhard; 20-05-2019, 09:25 AM.
      www.bernhardrieder.com
      rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Comment

Hi, Bernhard

If you are going to use the VrayPhysCam.. what about the post process options?
        If you have the Enable Exposure checked you wont have any post processes visible when looking through the camera. For post processes to work UE's tonemapper has to be enabled and we disable it when Enable Exposure is checked. We do that in order to have working correct exposure settings (ISO, Shutter speed, F-number). You can use the post process effects with the PostProcess Volume, native Unreal cameras(Camera and CineCamera) or with the VRayPhysicalCamera and Enable Exposure unchecked.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X