Downsides of using unreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downsides of using unreal

I'm thinking about using unreal for my interior archviz.
    i haven't had a chance to test it out yet.
    But I would love to hear opinions about the downsides of using unreal Vs 3ds max offline Rendering. Or rather a comparison of what I have to look out for.
    I generally have to render 4k Images but also hd animations in the future..
    i have two 2080ti with an nvlink btw.
    I am a little worried about geometry... As this is a game engine. Do I have to optimize alot and go low poly or will vram take care of these things?
    Last edited by MANUEL_MOUSIOL; 29-05-2019, 09:27 PM.
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Thinking of doing the same, only downside I see is having to learn the program from scratch. Apparently it can handle large data sets when optimized properly (you have to optimize). Also, Quadro RTX with big memory buffers would be better for heavy scenes while offering real time ray tracing for true RT rendering, something Vray doesn't offer yet.. AFAIK.

Comment

Same question here (just Maya user and no experience in Unreal, I just know the UE4 interface a bit).

I'm missing a bit general informations for new users like me:

- which are the advantages of using Unreal for scenes (I guess, the ability to build and render huge scenes?)
      - can I import a vray (Maya) scene completely including lights/materials ? will it render with the same quality?
      - can I export from Unreal a Vray scene also back to Maya? Is there a save workflow?

some more base knowledge tutorials would be great!

thx
      Last edited by Alexx31; 29-07-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X