V-ray for Unreal & Not 3dsmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray for Unreal & Not 3dsmax

I'm a V-ray Next user with Modo and not Max. I had hoped that I could export a .vrscene file from Modo and get something in Unreal, but alas, that doesn't seem to work.

I have a 32 core CPU and 4 GPUs in my render box. Can I do traditional Unreal work and then use V-ray for Unreal for baking? Would one expect a speed (I think yes) and quality (maybe) improvement over Unreal's lightmap baking? Any other advantages? I assume I can't use VRscans with V-ray for Unreal?

Or possibly use a workflow where I export a vrscene file from Modo, import the .vrscene file into Max (I don't believe this is supported), and then go to Unreal via that route?

Howdy, Mark,

The best way how to deal with this approach is to use Standalone exporter.

Check the workflow: How to export the V-Ray vrscene file from Modo properly.Click image for larger version  Name:	Modo-vrscene_export_workflow.gif Views:	2 Size:	2.14 MB ID:	1037751 Click image for larger version  Name:	Modo-vrscene_export_workflow.gif Views:	2 Size:	2.14 MB ID:	1037752

By the default, the vrscene file will be saved in %TEMP% folder, you can change the path from Preference -> V-Ray Renderer ->
    Click image for larger version  Name:	modo_2019-05-31_10-29-20.png Views:	2 Size:	88.7 KB ID:	1037754

Next, You'll need V-Ray for Unreal in order to get the vrscene file in Unreal.

Cheers,
    Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
    E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X