Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Bake?

quick question:
    Does VrayBake only work with VrayLights?
    Or does it also consider all Standard U4 lights?
    www.bernhardrieder.com
    rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Hi, Bernhard

V-Ray for Unreal (render and bake) works with the following lights:
    - UE Lights - Point, Spot, Rect, Directional (Skylight is not supported)
    - V-Ray Lights BP - VRaySunAndSky, VRayLightRect, VRayLightDome

For more supported features check the docs here: Supported features.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thank you Alex!

I guess .. I still need some clarification about the Vray Bake option and the built in Raytracing inside of the new UE4.

If I am going to use Vray as my main raytracer, and let's say.. for RealTime Animation I am going to use the Unreal Raytracer.
      Do I still need to bake with Vray?

If I am going to use the Unreal/Nvidia Raytracer for GI, AO, Reflections and Translucency... well.. why would I need to bake anything?
      Right? .. it's time ... for a drink... damm....
      www.bernhardrieder.com
      rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Comment

Hi, Bernhard

If I am going to use Vray as my main raytracer, and let's say.. for RealTime Animation I am going to use the Unreal Raytracer.
        Do I still need to bake with Vray? If I am going to use the Unreal/Nvidia Raytracer for GI, AO, Reflections and Translucency... well.. why would I need to bake anything?
        No, you can go without any sort of bake in these circumstances. You can skip the unwrapping as well. However this will require high end hardware for you go fully raytracing. As jasonhuang1115 mentioned in the other post (Raytracing & Baking?) :
        If your hardware and scene and afford raytrace everything and be performant, then heck yeah raytrace everything
        The baking process is to take the load of the computing and calculations from the GPU and that you can have a reasonable frame rate in the viewport.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X