X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayLights-->Datasmith

When using Datasmith to import the Vray File from Max into Unreal

VrayLights:
    Where can I turn off Affect Global Illumination?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	root.JPG Views:	1 Size:	231.1 KB ID:	1052721

A standard Unreal Light has that feature. But after importing a vray light and even using the SceneRoot - I can't find the option to not affect GI.

Am I missing something?

thanks a lot!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bernhard; 07-11-2019, 04:33 PM.
    www.bernhardrieder.com
    rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Hi Bernhard,

When using the Datasmith plugin for import it creates its own lights that may not have that feature. It depends on how Epic made them and which functionalities they expose. Can you please send a screenshot of the light(Simple_Down_Line_E(self)) and not the Root Component to see which parameters are listed there. I would also suggest to write on the Unreal forums to see if they can help.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

damm.. that's a bummer. I know that's not done by Chaosgroup - it's the translation from Datasmith. But means, I can't use the Vray Lights I have been using inside of 3dsmax... that's huge... ufff...

as you can see on the screenshot below - important features are missing. If you create a new max file, and just create one Vray Light (rectangular) and export the scene file with datasmith - you will see the problem.

I created a download link. All files included.

- 3dsmax file + vray light
      - datasmith export file
      - UE4 project file with imported datasmith file

Download link:
      https://mega.nz/#F!PhlRRAzb!MIY2MMjKYPhVzgppaIwKRA

​​​​​​​
      Click image for larger version  Name:	details.jpg Views:	1 Size:	506.1 KB ID:	1052821
      Last edited by bernhard; 08-11-2019, 11:56 AM.
      www.bernhardrieder.com
      rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Bernhard

Sorry for the later reply, we have been busy with a release. There is a way to modify the blueprint and have that parameter exposed.

Open the blueprint and in the Construction script, in Create light component comment box(teal color) there are the 3 light components that are created based on the light type that is selected (Point, Spot, Rect). You have to add at the end of each a Set Affect Global Illumination node which will set that parameter for each light component. Right click on the red input of the Set Affect Global Illumination node and promote it to a variable. Name that variable Affect Global Illumination, compile the blueprint and set its default value to true. Expose it to the Details panel for each blueprint instance by clicking on the eye icon in the Variables panel. You can also put the variable in the Rendering category of the blueprint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-11-19_14-56-23.png
Views:	561
Size:	602.8 KB
ID:	1053716

Compile and save the blueprint and now you should be able to set that parameter on each light.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X