Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal-->Vray-->Oculus Quest

Hey folks!

Did anyone run already some tests using Vray for Unreal and baking for the Unreal Quest?
    Would be great to connect with you guys.

Will share all my development process soon also here on my beloved Chaosgroup forum.
    Holy sh**.. 14 years? Am I getting fu**** old?

lol; happy pixeling folks and thanks to Chaosgroup being such a great help all over the years!
    Cheers
    www.bernhardrieder.com
    rieder.bernhard@gmail.com

Hi bernhard,

That would be great to see some tutorials about it.
    I followed the standard tutorial from the that link and it worked perfectly
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlcj4HB9LX8

However, after I enabled Vray plugins for Unreal I got the error when I tried to launch the same map that worked before

So if any can explain the reason I will appreciate

Stay safe!
    Dmitry
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,

We have this issue for packaging to android logged and is being worked on. Currently V-Ray materials will not package correctly and will look with the default world grid material. I will give you more details when there is progress.

Best regards,
      Alexander
      Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Alexander, it would be beyond wonderful to get some form of best practices step by step guide for those of us that primarily wants to take our 3ds Max/Vray scenes into Quest via Unreal. Is it possible to use Vray Cloud for atlas baking yet?

Comment

Hi, Nicinus

Cloud baking and rendering is being worked on and will be available soon but cannot give an ETA when that may be. There are not currently any tutorials or quick starts how to do a packaging for game using V-Ray as the packaging process is Unreal functionality and not V-Ray related. Tutorials and quick start will be made in the future but for the time being I would suggest to watch Unreal packaging tutorials (for Android, Oculus, Windows) to get familiar with the process and requirements as they are not V-Ray dependent. If you have imported your scene in Unreal with V-Ray (following the quick starts here: Preparing a project for Light bake, Import .vrscene workflow, V-Ray For Unreal tutorials) and any of the packaging tutorials that you can find you should be able to package a game(except for the materials issue for android that is mentioned above in my previous post).

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thanks Alexander, that admittedly makes sense.

Comment

Working...
            X