Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how are you sharing a finished VRAY/UE4 project with others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how are you sharing a finished VRAY/UE4 project with others?

So far, once I hit a milestone, I've been hosting a screenshare from my computer or sending clients a "packaged" project .exe file. The screenshare method avoids client side technical problems, but also eliminates the true first-person experience, as I'm doing the "driving". On the other hand, sending clients the entire "WindowsNoEditor" folder (2-3GB) also has its problems.
    Any thoughts on alternatives?
    Any steps that could be taken before packaging or files that could be safely deleted after packaging that would make the package size smaller?

Hi sfolts,

Sorry for the late reply.
    The screenshare method avoids client side technical problems, but also eliminates the true first-person experience, as I'm doing the "driving". On the other hand, sending clients the entire "WindowsNoEditor" folder (2-3GB) also has its problems.
    The packaged project is the best way to share the project with clients currently. Sending them the actual project folder is a no-go because that would require them to have V-Ray for Unreal installed in order to open it properly.
    Any thoughts on alternatives?
    An alternative would be to use the pixel streaming functionality that UE provides, but I have not made tests with it and cannot guarantee if it will work.
    Any steps that could be taken before packaging or files that could be safely deleted after packaging that would make the package size smaller?
    These are UE specific requirements and I would suggest to ask on their forums or check their Reducing Packaged Game Size docs page. Haven't really tested the properly and cannot verify if it will work.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
    X