Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get rid of strange toon-like-outlines and artifacts in my lightbake

Hi there.

I'm not used to unreal engine and I'm trying to make a VR-Project-game with the best possible visual impression.
    But I have got some problems in my scene.

The main issue are the dark outlines around each object in the scene.
    I 've got toonish look that I don't want. Increasing the screen resolution helps a little but the lines are still there.
    See attached pictures.

Has anyone a solution for this?

I hope the next issue will disappear after my next light-bake.
    I think I have forgotten that my dr-slaves don't have access to the IES used in the spotlights.
    So giving them acess to the file will hopefully solve the problem with the artifacts on the walls.

I'm glad for any suggestions/help.
    Thank you in advance.

best regards
    Bernhard

Does the line-problem have anything to do with the Dilation-Settings in the vray bake tab?
    I've left the Dilation-settings on default (10pixels).
    Baking was done with the "high"-preset, so the quality shoud be fine.

Comment

Hi Bernhard,

The main issue are the dark outlines around each object in the scene.
      I 've got toonish look that I don't want. Increasing the screen resolution helps a little but the lines are still there.
      The Black lines issue are, as you said, usually a problem when actors are with a low lightmap resolution. Increasing them would make the lines less visible but will not make them disappear completely. I would suggest splitting the geometry to get higher resolution per object.

Does the line-problem have anything to do with the Dilation-Settings in the vray bake tab?
      No, the Dilation option extends the last pixel in the UV shell by the set amount. That setting should help with black edges around the UV shells. It will not however help with geometry that are overlapping/shadowing each other. You can check the post here:Dilation

You can also check the post here: Bake Issue

Best regards,
      Alexander
      Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thank you for the answer!
        I'll try to imporve uvs, split geomerty and bake again.

kind regards
        Bernhard

Comment

Working...
        X