Basic question on set light for bake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic question on set light for bake

Hi, Learning vray for unreal and following the tutorials but have a simple question that is driving me mad! ]

When I select a point light in unreal the 'options' category in its details is not visible. I therefore cannot select 'set for baking' and my test scene is dark when baked. If I drag a vray rect light into the scene the options are available. How do I enable the options of the point light? The test scene has been imported via vrayscene from Max...thanks!

Hi theamoebason1,

Native UE lights (Point, Spot, Directional, Sky, Rect lights) need to have their mobility set to Static in order to work properly with V-Ray bake. We named the Set for light bake option in the V-Ray lights (VRayDomeLight, VRayRectLight, VRaySunAndSky) this way to make more sense. We have it mentioned here in the doc page:V-Ray Bake.

I therefore cannot select 'set for baking' and my test scene is dark when baked
    Can you please give us an example (screenshot or scene) that your scene is dark after bake? Even if lights are not set to Static or Set for light bake is enabled the scene should not be dark after bake. Maybe the light maps of your meshes are overlapping or incorrect?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Last edited by Alexander.Atanasov; 08-09-2020, 12:12 AM.
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi Aleksander

Thanks very much for your reply. I see, so the native lights will not have the options panel. OK I have tried again and they are now producing light - my previous dark render must have been due to something else. Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
      X