4.27 Support ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.27 Support ?

Hello, Is there intended support for 4.27 ?

Cheers
    -Chris.

Hi Chris,

Yes, the next release will have a support for UE 4.27 but cannot give ETA.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi,
      Just started the 30 day trail to test how it works, but cant use with 4.27. Is there an ETA Please?

Also, what with Vantage, and now the merge with Enscape, it makes me wonder if Chaos will continue with this plugin for Unreal? Seems like lots of the same thing.

Comment

Hi m_hinks,

Just started the 30 day trail to test how it works, but cant use with 4.27. Is there an ETA Please?
        Yes, the latest release of V-Ray for Unreal only supports 4.24, 4.25, 4.26 versions. We plan to release a new version either by the end of this week or the next one that will support 4.27 and deprecate 4.24.

Also, what with Vantage, and now the merge with Enscape, it makes me wonder if Chaos will continue with this plugin for Unreal? Seems like lots of the same thing.
        This is true, but for the time being we will continue with its development by adding support to newly released UE versions and some improvements though not that much.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post

"Also, what with Vantage, and now the merge with Enscape, it makes me wonder if Chaos will continue with this plugin for Unreal? Seems like lots of the same thing."

This is true, but for the time being we will continue with its development by adding support to newly released UE versions and some improvements though not that much.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          This confuses me. Vantage and Enscape obviously has a major overlap but how so with Vray for Unreal? I would assume most use this instead of Datasmith and that the endgame is to get an Unreal executable?

Comment

Hello,

While there certainly is some overlap between the products, there are differences as well. As Nicinus pointed out, one such difference is the transfer functionality. That is why we will continue supporting the different workflows.

Best regards,
            Simeon

Comment

Working...
            X