Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom pre-render script?

Hey

I'm going left/right with v for UE but its a bit mmm tricky... Lots of things not supported/etc.. I was wondering, would it be possible to expose a input text field/pre-render script option where we can execute either python/c++ script and configure/sceneetc extras on vray level?

Say, set sun n sky to use PRG Clear Sky, set perspective fog, etc etc?

This way we don't have to wait for... a while for it to be supported & we could hack it in ourselves in the mean time...

Regards
    Dariusz
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Hi Dariusz,

Not entirely sure if this will be useful to you but there is a feature similar to https://docs.chaos.com/display/VRAYU...rial+Libraries way to append an external vrscene when rendering. You have to modify the json file linked in the docs page and add the following line:
    Code:
    "#VrsceneInclude" : ["PATH_TO_VRSCENE/APPENDED.vrscene"],
    After the modification the json should look like this:
    Code:
    {
    "#VrsceneInclude" : ["PATH_TO_VRSCENE/APPENDED.vrscene"],
    "#mtl_libraries" : ["Content/mtl_library/mtl_library.vrscene"]
    }
    Just delete the # in front of the line to activate it during rendering. This way anything added in the vrscene will be rendered or even override some render settings.

Best regards,
    Alexander

Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

What about editing currect scene ?

Say
      ```
      for node in nodes:
      if node.getName() == "myMainSun":
      node.sunMode = 3
      break
      ```
      Etc etc?

What I'm kinda getting here is that V for UE has been out for... 4 years? And it feels a bit... "basic"... so I'd like to help... since vray plugin is not open source... I cant, but maybe if there is a way to run scripts before/after render/etc... then I could build some kind of set of extra tools to enable things that are not possible yet... like maybe adding Aerial perspective etc.
      Wiats its UE... is it opensource? Can I recompile vray plugin myself? o.O
      Last edited by Dariusz Makowski (Dadal); 22-06-2022, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Hi Dariusz,

Unfortunately V-Ray for Unreal doesn't work with custom UE builds and you cannot compile the plugin for it. We are researching options if it is possible to release the plugin as source(the implementation I mean, not V-Ray itself) so people can compile it for custom versions but no progress so far.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
          Hi Dariusz,

Unfortunately V-Ray for Unreal doesn't work with custom UE builds and you cannot compile the plugin for it. We are researching options if it is possible to release the plugin as source(the implementation I mean, not V-Ray itself) so people can compile it for custom versions but no progress so far.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Hey

I had a feeling it might be this way.
          Bummer.
          But also yes, please, open source it, let us contribute - or at least try...
          As much as I love waiting for updates, I'd rather add stuff myself faster if I can & push it as PR.

Regards
          Dariusz

Comment

Working...
          X