Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray for Unity

Hello Chaos Devs,

Are there any plans for a V-Ray for Unity? Would save so much time without having to recreate materials from scratch when exporting out of 3dsmax amongst other things.

cheers,
    Rob

Hi Rob,

Currently there are no plans to develop V-Ray for Unity. However if things change and development starts we will inform you.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thank you Alex. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is something that Chaos decides to embark on.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robert_ramsay1 View Post
        Hello Chaos Devs,

Are there any plans for a V-Ray for Unity? Would save so much time without having to recreate materials from scratch when exporting out of 3dsmax amongst other things.

cheers,
        Rob
        Hi robert_ramsay1

What's your use case? Do you export FBX with embedded materials?

On Unity side, do then use standard, URP or HDRP? Also, do you like to live dangerously and use latest alpha, or stick to LTS or Tech streams?
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Hi Morne, Only 4 months late with my reply! Apologies. We use URP at the moment but will test the waters with HDRP next. I tend to play it pretty safe and go with the stable builds. FBX with embedded materials is usually our method. Would be nice to have a close to seamless export method while retaining vray material qualities but we are making do with the current method.

Cheers,
          Rob

Comment

Working...
          X