vrmeshes from blender are too small

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrmeshes from blender are too small

Not sure who to report this to. Vrmesh proxies from blender import too small. They are tiny. Probably 1% of the size they should be when importing into unreal.

Hi, Nerva
    Can you please send a sample vrscene with this issue at support@chaosgroup.com so we can investigate further.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thanks. Email sent to support with attached vrmesh.

Comment

Hi, Nerva

I've checked the vrscene and it looks like that it is importing correctly as defined in the vrscene. Can you please send the blender file. Maybe there is a setting in there that can explain what is happening. You can send it to the support team in the same ticket as well.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

You can just create a default 2M cube in blender with units set to meter. I sounds like the blender Vray plugin exports at the wrong scale! If that is the case, depending on how physically accurate of renderer Vray is that is potentially a bad thing.

Comment

Howdy, Nerva,

As an attached file I've added blender file and exported vrscene from Blender nightly build(cube is downsized to 0.2m) in order to avoid the confusion. Cloud please check it. TEST Blender.zip

Cheers,
            Boyan Nalchadjiiski | QA Engineer @ Chaos |
            E-mail: boyan.nalchadjiiski@chaos.com

Comment

Thanks, boyan, but I am confused. Were you unable to reproduce? Or were able to reproduce, and have posted a fixed blender build? Or your scene demonstrates a particular setting required? I'm sorry, I'm just not sure exactly what is the status of the bug, and additionally what is being asked of me. Sorry.

Comment

Hi, Nerva

Did you by any chance export vrscenes from blender as separate files? Because the vrscene that you send had only geometry data and nothing regarding materials or global settings. This may be the issue here. There is a specific parameter in the vrscene called meters_scale which is essential in the correct construction of the geometry when you import it in Unreal. Can you please generate a vrscene without splitting it into multiple files and then try to import the single vrscene.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BlenderUI.png
Views:	166
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1026362

If you try to import only the _geometry.vrscene you will lose the scale of the mesh and will be imported incorrectly, that includes the vrmeshes. Please tells us how it goes.

Best regards,
                Alexander
                Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

OK. Thanks for that explanation. I believe this may be the case. I will test again when I get a chance. I think this knowledge should be added to the vray for unreal documentation.

Comment

Working...
                  X