Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remote desktop and Vray baking/rendering are incompatible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote desktop and Vray baking/rendering are incompatible.

I get the following in my log file when I bring up a project with V-ray for Unreal loaded.

Could not determine driver info for Quadro M6000 - consider disabling this device to avoid issues.

I am running through remote desktop, but that doesn't seem to stop unreal from running normally. V-ray in my DCC app works fine in this mode as well. Hitting bake or render will cause a crash to desktop.

NV Control Panel says I am running 430.39.

EDIT: Running locally does seem to get rid of this error message. Thought I would leave this in case someone else runs into it. However, I still crash to desktop. That could be anything tho and likely my fault.

Hi, Mark

The remote desktop shouldn't be the issue with the warning here. More concerning is the crash on either bake or render. Is the crash only occurring on a specific project or on even on simple scenes(e.g. a cube,and a point light)? Can you please send some screenshots of the scene and the log itself, both from the remote machine with the M6000 and you local desktop. You can find them in PROJECT_NAME/Saved/Crashes and Logs folders.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
    X