Vray scene import crashes in UE 4.23.1 with latest build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray scene import crashes in UE 4.23.1 with latest build

We are trying to import a vrscene file into unreal using the latest vray plugin build 4.3 and we are consistently getting a crash showing the attached error. We have tried to remove all materials and lights as well as using a blank project file and the error still persists. Any idea what could be causing this problem?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hi, tmbarker531

Sorry for the late reply.

Have you tried to to import the same vrscene with a previous build? Does it happen with a specific or with any vrscene? Can you please send us crash logs from PROJECT_NAME/Saved/Crashes and Logs folders and/or the problematic vrscene?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

I am having the same issue. I have attached my logs. Original scene created in 3ds Max 2020.2 with V-Ray Next 2.1. Just installed V-Ray for Unreal 2.4. Using Unreal 4.23.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, jcox_hamilton

Thank you for the logs. I have logged the crash and will try to fix it for the next release. It looks like there is a issue with some of the geometry in the vrscene. There is somewhere in the scene mesh/meshes with no face normals information and that causes a crash. Can you please send the max file and/or the vrscene at support@chaosgroup.com ?

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X