Vray plugin 4.3 Lightbake Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray plugin 4.3 Lightbake Issue

Hi, we have been testing the light bakes using the new release of the plugin and are finding some inconsistencies with lighting in our file and differing results based on different engine versions. Please see attached screenshots for comparisons.
    When baking on 4.22 light maps seem correct for most surfaces but there is "preview" overlay on top even after baking. When using the exact same settings on 4.23, we see incorrect shading. The scene is lit only using Vray SunandSky and we have checked "set for light bake". Bakes were all run on high (2 on the quality scale). Any idea what the problem would be?

Hi, tmbarker531

Nothing comes to mind what the cause could be. Can you send us a sample of the scene where we can reproduce this?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your reply, which email should I use to send you the scene?

Thanks

Comment

Hi, tmbarker531

It would be best to send it at support@chaosgroup.com, They will redirect it to me.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Hi Tyler

We found a something of a workaround for the baked maps in 4.23. There is a console command r.Shadow.WholeSceneShadowUnbuiltInteractionThreshold. Its value is 500 by default. If you increase that value to something like 2000, the result should be like in the 4.22. Can you please check if this fixes the issue? We are still investigating the "Preview" problem after bake. There is also a workaround for it - go to Show->Visualize->Preview Shadow Indicator and uncheck it. Please tell me how it goes.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Working...
          X