X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standalone DR node uses GPU mode only

Hello,
    I am testing the vray for unreal.
    could you help me, how to set my renderfarm nodes CPU (or CPU+GPU for some others) mode for DR?

vray.exe -rtengine=1 -server -portNumber=20207
    "warning: It is no longer necessary to use the -rtEngine option for server mode."
    "warning: initDevices() failed. Please check that your system has compatible GPU devices installed."

thanks!

"rtEngine" option is not needed when you run a render slave, V-Ray will use the same engine with the one you submit from a 3D platform. Since Unreal uses GPU you'll effectively use CUDA rendering on a CPU or GPU or both.

You can use this tool to select the CPU/GPU devices available for rendering on the slaves - "C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Unreal\tools\vray_gpu_device_select.exe" (there's also a shortcut in Start Menu\Programs\V-Ray for Unreal).

In V-Ray in Unreal - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...PUDeviceSelect
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Hello Ivan,

maybe I do something wrong, but regardless what I select in UE>v-ray>project settings my render node starts cuda GPU.

"Using all available CUDA GPU devices. Not using "C++/CPU on Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz", it should be selected explicitly!"

but the tool helped - tried to read the documentation at first, but had to miss this somehow!

many thanks,
      Filip

Comment

Working...
      X