No announcement yet.

Falling back to low quality lightmaps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling back to low quality lightmaps.

I think my project is falling back from high quality light bakes to low. I have texture streaming off, yet it seems like in the course of working on the file, saving, deleting EXR's to rebake, etc, I end up with various objects with low resolution "dirty" light maps.

I am using the latest version of V-Ray for Unreal and Unreal Editor (as of Feb-17-2020).

If I had to guess what is going on here, it's due to me deleting EXR's to do per-object bakes, and when the engine compiles all the maps into one large builddata light map, it hurts the other high quality maps.
    Attached Files

Also, it seems this plugin can't create a volumetric lightmap, which I need for my archviz project (prop swapping, etc). What can be done?

Comment

Hi TheMulf

I think my project is falling back from high quality light bakes to low. I have texture streaming off, yet it seems like in the course of working on the file, saving, deleting EXR's to rebake, etc, I end up with various objects with low resolution "dirty" light maps.
      We cannot reproduce that behaviour on our end. After a bake we wait for couple of seconds for the lightmaps to get to their highest mip-map but that should be fixed with the texture streaming. Have you tried to increase the packed Light and Shadow Map Texture Size in the World Settings Tab? If you haven't increase it and check if that helps.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	PackedAtlasresolution.png
Views:	296
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	1061903

Also, it seems this plugin can't create a volumetric lightmap, which I need for my archviz project (prop swapping, etc). What can be done?
      Currently we V-Ray doesn't generate volumetric lightmaps and cannot give an ETA when they will be. There is a workaround for baking and then move the actor without losing the lightmaps. Check the video below:

https://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/s...bleObjects.mp4

Best regards,
      Alexander

Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
      X