Unreal Won't Launch with Vray Plugin installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Won't Launch with Vray Plugin installed

I've been playing with Unreal and VR for my Oculus Quest 2. I've had success in Unreal creating a project, importing assets that were modeled and textured in Rhino. I'm able to launch the project and run it from my Quest 2.

Today I downloaded Vray for Unreal to try to get that to work. I installed the plugin etc. I'm able to Export a VRScene file from Rhino and Import it into Unreal, using the Vray plugin. That part is great. But now when I go to launch I get an error about a missing receipt within the Android binaries folder. I tried creating an empty project, turned off the Vray plugin and was able to launch. Then I enabled the Vray plugin and get the same error.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

InternalUtils.SafeFileExists: SafeFileExists C:\Unreal_Proj\VRTry\VRTry.uproject=True
    InternalUtils.SafeFileExists: SafeFileExists C:\Unreal_Proj\VRTry\VRTry.uproject=True
    Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory: ********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
    Log.WriteException: ================================================== ============================
    Log.WriteException: ERROR: Stage Failed. Missing receipt 'C:\Unreal_Proj\VRTry\Binaries\Android\VRTry.targe t'. Check that this target has been built.
    Log.WriteException: (see C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Ga mes+UE_4.25\Log.txt for full exception trace)
    Log.WriteException:
    Log.WriteException: AutomationException: Stage Failed. Missing receipt 'C:\Unreal_Proj\VRTry\Binaries\Android\VRTry.targe t'. Check that this target has been built.
    Log.WriteException: at Project.CreateDeploymentContext(ProjectParams Params, Boolean InDedicatedServer, Boolean DoCleanStage) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\Automat ionTool\Scripts\CopyBuildToStagingDirectory.Automa tion.cs:line 3653
    Log.WriteException: at Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory(ProjectParams Params) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\Automat ionTool\Scripts\CopyBuildToStagingDirectory.Automa tion.cs:line 3719
    Log.WriteException: at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\Automat ionTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 209
    Log.WriteException: at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild() in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\Automat ionTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 39
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute() in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\Automat ionTool\AutomationUtils\BuildCommand.cs:line 263
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, Dictionary`2 Commands) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\Automat ionTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs:line 547
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] Arguments, StartupTraceListener StartupListener) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\Automat ionTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs:line 511
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(String[] Arguments, StartupTraceListener StartupListener) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\Automat ionTool\Program.cs:line 176
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.Program.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<Main> b__2() in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\Automat ionTool\Program.cs:line 88
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Fun c`1 Main) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\Automat ionTool\AutomationUtils\Utils.cs:line 731
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.Program.Main(String[] Arguments) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Programs\Automat ionTool\Program.cs:line 88
    Log.WriteException: ================================================== ============================
    Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=103 (Error_MissingExecutable)

Hi Clarnold

We haven't done any testing for Quest 2 but have tested packaging for android and it works on our end. Could you please send us that empty project to test it or the whole "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Ga mes+UE_4.25\Log.txt" file?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thanks for looking Alexander, Here is the full log file. It seems the project is too big to attach. But I've just been trying to use Vray with one of the templates from Unreal 4.25. the Games > VR Template. Enabling the Vray Plugin in the Editor always gives this error. If I then disable the Vray Plugin and restart the Editor, I can build and launch to my Quest 2 without issue.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Clarnold,

I created the VR_Template project and managed to cook a game for android with V-Ray for Unreal enabled. From the log that you sent I cannot see that there is a V-Ray related issue and look like android related one. Are you running a custom or a release version of UE? Have you changed any cook/android settings? In the newly created project I only modified this: https://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/s...2_12-37-23.png

Also I did reinstall the android SDK for 4.25 (I had old version of the SDK and it didn't want to work with 4.25) following the docs here:https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...dio/index.html

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thanks Alexander. This may be a rookie mistake, but when previously launching projects I didn't have to go to File>Package Project>Android> That was the missing step. If I do that then the project will launch with no problem. Thank you for your help!

Comment

Working...
          X