Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Collisions

Hello,

I have been creating simple collisions within unreal's mesh editor. Problem is every time I reimport my vrscene all collisions get deleted so i have to recreate them from scratch. Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Thanks
    https://marnellvizworks.com

Hello,

Currently there is no workaround for this if you use the .vrscene file. If you just need to reload a single mesh you could export that mesh in a fbx format and then reimport it in UE within the Static Mesh editor. This way I think collisions will be respected. Can you tell me why is there a need to reimport your whole scene?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi Alexander thanks for the reply. I am currently working on an on-going project and the client/designers are constantly making changes. So would the best workflow be to initially import the entire scene as vrscene, but then reimport all modified/new assets via fbx or datasmith? Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Actually, if you delete in the level and the Content Browser only the assets that need updating and then reimport the updated scene only those assets should be imported. Meaning that any additional changes made to the other actors and static meshes are preserved. Does this happen in your case or everything gets overridden and reset?

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Hello,

Whenever I reimport a vrscene all collisions get reset. If I reimport the vrscene via the message log>vray scene importer then everything comes in the way you described. However, the message log gets cleared automatically after closing/opening unreal and the re-import button disappears. I have to import the vrscene the conventional way and by doing that all my actors get reset. Is there a way to make the re-import button in the vray scene importer message log to be permanent?

Comment

Hi,

Is there a way to make the re-import button in the vray scene importer message log to be permanent?
            Unfortunately no.
            But in the V-Ray Scene Import Options dialogue there is an 'Update Existing' option in the Reimport Behavior category.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	VRaySceneImporter.png Views:	0 Size:	72.0 KB ID:	1108573
            If you delete the actors in the scene and content browser that need updating and have that option unchecked, only the new assets should be imported and the rest will not be modified.

Best regards,
            Alexander
            Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Working...
            X