Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture mode 'Resize' not working

Hello,

I'm using the latest V-Ray for UE 4.26. I have a scene with several 4K textures and I'd like to do a draft render on my dev machine. However, I'm facing out of memory issues when I try to render this particular scene.

I tried circumventing this issue by setting the Textures mode to 'Resize' instead of 'Full', however V-Ray throws an error both in CUDA or Optix render modes.

When I use CUDA, I get the following error:

PTX build error 218, error message ptxas application ptx input, line 22; error : Illegal modifier '.uni' for instruction 'mov'
    ptxas application ptx input, line 22; error : Illegal modifier '.uni' for instruction 'mov'
    ptxas application ptx input, line 73; error : Label expected for argument 0 of instruction 'call'
    ptxas application ptx input, line 73; fatal : Call target not recognized
    ptxas fatal : Ptx assembly aborted due to errors

And when I use Optix, I get the following error:

[VUtils::VOptix::OptixModuleCreateThread:roc] OptiX error encountered in vray_optix7.cpp[943]. Error Code 7200

The same errors happen when I try the 'On-Demand' mode.

Are there any workarounds or fixes for those errors?

Thank you.
    Last edited by lee_royling; 17-04-2021, 09:47 PM.

Hi lee_royling.

This seems to be a bug with the 4.30 core of V-Ray and I have logged it in. In the 5.10 core this doesn't seem to be happening. Unfortunately there is no workaround that I can think of for the moment and there is no ETA when we will release the V-Ray 5 for Unreal for that fix
    Is the problem only the 4K textures or could geometry be also an issue with this particular scene?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the reply. No problem, I decided to resize the textures manually from 4K to 2K. After that, I was able to render the scene successfully.

Best regards.

Comment

Working...
      X