Vray Bake Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Bake Crash

Hi, I've got a project that I'm working on, It's a township made in 3ds max and exported to unreal via datasmith. I've used all my vray lights from max, and exported them via vrayscene export. I've been test baking the scene nicely upto today. Once I took on the whole scene and tried tot bake a final output, The bake process does not go past the first Atlas, the computer completely freezes up and hangs, I don't even get a error report or a crash dump. I'm stumped as to the issue, But have gotten around to figuring it out, I get back a UNHANDLED EXCEPTION COMPILING GEOMETRY on the log when I try to use distributed rendering.
    Please advise.
    Warm Regards.

Hi huzefa_poonawala,

I've been test baking the scene nicely upto today. Once I took on the whole scene and tried tot bake a final output, The bake process does not go past the first Atlas, the computer completely freezes up and hangs
    How did you do the test bakes and what was the difference between them and the final bake? Was it a different bake quality setting or have you increased the lightmaps' resolution? May be you ran out of RAM and/or GPU RAM and that what causes the freeze. Can you send the content of PROJECT_NAME/Saved/Crashes and PROJECT_NAME/Saved/Logs folders, screenshot(s) of the V-Ray settings and V-Ray Bake panel?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
    X