Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New version 5 installation issue

Installing version 5.
    As previous version, doesn't recognize where to install.
    After I used advanced option, does nothing.

I tried uninstalling previous version first, or not, neither works so far.
    I'm on trial version, maybe that's why ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Aleksandar Stiglic; 15-08-2021, 03:02 AM.

Hi Aleksandar,

As previous version, doesn't recognize where to install.
    Which version of UE are you using? Is it a custom branch or an official released version from the Epic Launcher?

After I used advanced option, does nothing.
    Where is it installed? After you use Advance option did you set the path to the destination of the Plugins folder in the location where your engine is installed?

I'm on trial version, maybe that's why ?
    Trial version has no limitation despite the 30 day license.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

I'm using UE 4.26.2, official version, Vray for Unreal 43025.
      This version was installed and I tried both, installing on top of it, and with uninstalling this version and installing new one.
      Which way is correct ? Should I uninstall before installing new version ? Do I need to restart the machine ?
      Regarding plugin placement, yes, I had to point out which version to install, because neither version finds my UE installation.
      Not sure why, it's installed in usual place on C drive.
      And yes, I've pointed the plugin directory correctly, since the 43025 version works.

Thank you

Aleksandar

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,

This version was installed and I tried both, installing on top of it, and with uninstalling this version and installing new one. Which way is correct ? Should I uninstall before installing new version ? Do I need to restart the machine ?
        It shouldn't matter the whether you uninstall or install on top of a previous installation. Does the Advanced Settings page looks like this: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1Jvbp...fafKV1L99SgqPw ? Can you also send a screenshot from this page: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1yKNn...yJ1epOgIiVQkyk ? Also on this page(https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1Enuj...O-LUmylMTgnqom) do you choose Workstation or Standalone only?

Regarding plugin placement, yes, I had to point out which version to install, because neither version finds my UE installation. Not sure why, it's installed in usual place on C drive.
        I have also installed UE 4.26.2 on C and the installer works fine and detects properly the installation directory. Maybe something got mixed in your Windows registries.

Best regards,
        Alexander

Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Hi Alexander,

Yes, advance page looks like that, all the same, and I've chosen workstation, not standalone.
          Previous version work fine, this one doesn't seem to want to install for some reason.
          I will check if I can find log file.

Don't know why would anything be wrong at registry, it's fairly new installation, nothing crazy.

Aleksandar

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,

There is an install.log that is located in C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Unreal\uninstall .Could you please send that so we can look at it?

Best regards,
            Alexander
            Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Hi Alexander,

I couldn't attach the file with extension log, so I renamed it install.txt.
              Please find it attached.
              I checked registry, inside it seems that UE engine paths are all with small letters.
              Like this:
              "C:\program files\epic games\ue_4.26\engine\binaries" etc.
              Hope that helps.

Thanks

Al
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,

Can you please send a screenshot of the following registry https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1axHo...ajohiid0GyL9bM ?

Best regards,
                Alexander
                Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Nothing there...

Aleksandar

Comment

Ok, that explains why the autodetection failed for the installation. I sent you a personal message with a link to a nightly build. Have you tried with that build to see if the custom installation is successful?

Best regards,
                    Alexander
                    Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Yes !
                      That worked like a charm !

That is unprecedented support.

Thank a lot !

Aleksandar

Comment

Hi Aleksander

Glad to hear it all worked well .

Best regards,
                        Alexander
                        Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Is there any chance I can get hold of this nightly build? I too am having issues, with the exact same versions of Unreal Engine.
                          I also do not have anything from Epic Games in my registry which is weird.. I've just installed the versions today

Comment

Hi, had the exact same problem. All host entries greyed out despite having 4.62 official build installed. No EpicGames registry entries at all. Added registry entry as per the posted screenshot and all worked ok, thanks!
                            Last edited by dbakewel; 14-09-2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
                              Ok, that explains why the autodetection failed for the installation. I sent you a personal message with a link to a nightly build. Have you tried with that build to see if the custom installation is successful?

Best regards,
                              Alexander
                              hi there, i am having that same issure with the same ue4 version and vray version can you add a public link with the working build

Comment

Working...
                              X