Different fallback material for every unsupported material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different fallback material for every unsupported material

Right now V-Ray for Unreal doesn't support many of the native UE4 materials which is a shame and really makes me think if I should struggle with V-Ray inside UE4 at all.
    When it's still a workaround there should be an option to connect different V-Ray fallback materials to different UE4 materials so after doing that we can use both native UE4 live render and V-Ray for still images. The really important thing about it is to have as little cliks/tweaks between these two modes.

Hi, Czaja

Can you please give a use case of the workflow you are proposing? Because with each new build we are increasing the support for Unreal's materials, expressions, blend modes and shading models and there won't be any need to use the fallback material at all .

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

I'm very happy to read that. Can you write something about when those expressions will be fully supported by v-ray?:

VertexColor, PixelDepth, ObjectWorldPosition, ObjectRadius

I think that VertexColor is the most important one from this list.

Comment

Hi, Czaja

PixelDepth is done and ill be included in the next release, WorldPosition is already supported or did you mean ObjectPosition, this will be supported at a later time.VertexColor and ObjectRadius are also on the TO DO list but cannot give you an ETA.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X