X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Standalone) Command line flag for GPU production

Hello there,

(from another thread)
    Just a note, Standalone -rtEngine=0 is not the same as production rendering with CUDA in Maya, it's actually equal to production rendering with CPU in Maya.
    If -rtEngine = 0 is what we use to set Production CPU in standalone, what (if any) arguments are used to set Production GPU ?

Have a bit of an emergency situation here where Lightcache frames are working in Maya Production GPU UI but can't get it to work in vray standalone. Big animation so can't render it in UI.

Actually, scratch that .. it's not the lighcache that's causing issues in our scene. There's a big disparity between UI and standalone. possibly clipper. Will update

Comment

-rtengine=5 is CUDA.
      V-Ray fan.
      Looking busy around GPUs ...
      RTX ON

Comment

Well, much testing. It's the clipper. It goes to hell in Standalone.

Comment

Originally posted by ricoholmes View Post
          Well, much testing. It's the clipper. It goes to hell in Standalone.
          This is strange. Is this plane clipper (mesh clipper is not supproted in V-Ray GPU).

Best,
          Blago.
          V-Ray fan.
          RTX ON

Comment

Edit: Goes to hell in standalone when exclusion list is used. Seems to work as expected with no inclusion/exclusion set

Comment

This is strange. Is this plane clipper (mesh clipper is not supproted in V-Ray GPU).
              Hey Blago
              Not mesh clipper, no. We never use mesh clipper as it's a known GPU incompatibilty.
              It's normal clipper plane. The interesting thing is that it works fine in Maya UI with inclusion/exclusion set. It's purely a standalone issue we're seeing here.

Comment

That's really, really strange. Does it work in the standalone with -rtengine=0?
                If you can send a scene to the support guys, we will look at it.

Best,
                Blago.
                V-Ray fan.
                RTX ON

Comment

It works fine with -rtengine=0, purely a CUDA glitch in standalone I'm afraid. I'll do my best to strip down a scene for you (4x18gb alembics to replace etc).

Comment

Originally posted by savage309 View Post
                    -rtengine=5 is CUDA.
                    I have try this flag and CPU working too, it's hybrid mode or GPU only ? Please guide me to use 02 case : GPU only and hybrid.
                    Besides If i have multi GPUs can i set for which nominated GPU instead of all GPU working (ex : exclude the one for display )

Comment

Originally posted by duykhang View Post

I have try this flag and CPU working too, it's hybrid mode or GPU only ? Please guide me to use 02 case : GPU only and hybrid.
                      Besides If i have multi GPUs can i set for which nominated GPU instead of all GPU working (ex : exclude the one for display )
                      With V-Ray GPU, you can use the CPU as a regular CUDA device. You can enable/disable it from the "Select devices for V-Ray GPU rendering" https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L6l...w?usp=drivesdk.
                      You can also do it with env var, this enables both Hybrid and GPU rendering in Windows:
                      set VRAY_GPU_PLATFORMS=c++/cpu;nvidia
                      This enables only GPUs:
                      set VRAY_GPU_PLATFORMS=nvidia

Please also check docs.chaosgroup.com where this is explained in details/

Best,
                      Blago.
                      V-Ray fan.
                      RTX ON

Comment

Working...
                      X