Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standalone: relative paths syntax?

Hello, I could not find any documentation about this so I'm asking here:

Is it possible to use relative paths inside of .vrscene files?
    Meaning that standalone uses the current dir of the .vrscene file as a starting point and works it's way towards relative pathing?

For example the vrscene file would be in C:\temp, the neccessary assets would be in C:\temp\assets.
    Can i use relative paths in the .vrscene file like ".\assets"

Even further question: Is there a way to user relative pathing in order to look "one directory above" ?
    Kinda like so:

.vrscene file is in 'C:\temp\vrscene' assets are in 'C:\temp'

Could I somehow use something like '../' in oder to look for the assets "one directory above?

Thanks for any info on the subject of relative paths with v-ray standalone.
    -Robert

edit: I've tried it the way I've described it, yet no success.

By the way, here is a quick Explanation why I want to do it this way.

With deadline you can submit "Auxiliary files" with every job, this means that deadline will copy those files with the .vrscene file to the local render node and loads it from there.
    The goal is that I can submit all necessary textures, .vrmesh files etc. with the job, (while having all Paths stripped from the .vrscene file) those get copied to the render node, when the entire job is done, they get deleted,
    This reduces network traffic by a lot because the assets don't need to be re-transferred again for every frame.

Now the way deadline does it is like this:

On the local render node, it copies the .vrscene file and the auxiliary files to the same location but makes sub folders for the .vrscene files (I guess because that is how they handle Path remapping and concurrent tasks).
    unfortunately the nesseccary assets are now not "visible" to the .vrscene file with the stripped paths anymore see here:

This is why I'm asking for the relative pathing options in order to handle this situation.
    I've also submitted a thread to the Thinkbox forum, but I'm not sure if they will offer a fix or a solution.

https://forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/...ne-files/24075

Thank you
    -Robert

Comment

---------------EDIT---------------

Relative pathing works fantastically,
      I was having problems because of a different issue.

FYI to everyone who is curious:

if you use img_dir="." in the .vrscene files output_settings it will render into the SAME directory as the .vrscene file.
      if you use img_dir=".." it will render in "one directory above".

Comment

Working...
      X